02 November 2005

when i first came off saltspring

                                                                  mindchanger clouds grabbed early
th thunder sunrise and from ocean tip
my canoe was taken into an image of th sky
that couldn’t be looked directly at
on a woodsy patagonia sleeve
I was a young child of no lineage
in sex dream
w/ an austrian goddess ( heavy cream breasts
and not much to eat but
killer whale figurines
while my father was locked out of th cabin
I saw angels hold back th gods on foggy coastlines
death was much to big to cure
by way I went to see him
or how she died
on a bed of ocean salt
while I held my breath
                        sleep dead
to th youth
imagin
                               nation
of
naked
her
sleep
trembles
in breath supernovas
gallows from
th laughs of a husband
and a father in th throws of nature
shooting rapids         in golden canoes
thought of a wedding    in white water
th Austrian wife and I
sent to th cabin
in th dark she asked me questions
from her sleeping bag across th floor
I watched her breasts in th moonlight
while th men drank when I was 9

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?