23 October 2005

el festi val (ctown05)

drain th vampire blood
flash a toothy grin
and get back out there
bottle that shout
bottle it my friend
like a rare grape or a raven
ask::
are we th flavor
or is it th labeling
or – does it even matter
who knows
enclosed
cant be a saint and oh no
getting in
to th cabo wabo
now
    saw her in line
dead cool
in th early
evening we were not shouting
                                                          “yo boozy –”
what, what
or,
                                                          “why’d you marry that mexican!
when my buddy sin love w/ you”
…and still walking off w/ the laugh
and now she wont move, near 10 but still
never a dark sky in a low cut sweater;
keeps talking, flashing th Louis V but
doesn’t understand th shouts that bring her down
back to arms around friends
end that way, the good way, the only way
so many bodies
friends I didn’t know I had
that drink up in my face
and all down in my hand
running down his chin in laughter
eating th sushi
pounding the pinot gris
and shouting in wait
where th women become girls

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?